My 4 letter code is ESFJ.
For choosing a major this means I like to know early on what path I am going to be taking, so I can know as soon as possible the direction in which I will be going. My major involves working in people-oriented fields and serving other. This can include jobs such as teaching, ministry heath care, etc.
My learning style is that I think best while talking and enjoy conversation. I love human examples and need harmony in my learning environment. I am interested in applying learning to serve others.
Reading, writing and studying come with organization. I like to plan ahead and follow-though with every assignment to the best of my capability. The majority of the time I need to revise my writing editing out the references to what I personally believe in....I like to give my own opinion :). The majority of the time, I assume that everything I read is authoritative and important.
When it comes to playing, I find it hard to relax until all of my jobs are completely done...even if this means working on behalf of others. With roommates, I don't like there to ever be problems and will work things out until they are fixed. I like to be involved in groups, ministries, or activities and usually like to be the leader or have some sort of responsibility :).
Stress can come to me when I neglect my own needs to take care of others, and when I give my all in service and expect others should do the exact same. I am also sensitive to indifference from others.
To deal with stress, I naturally rely on my family and friends and pay close attention to what I need. I ask others what they want before trying to help, and give my best on any task given to me.
PART 2:
1.) After learning about these different personality profiles, I have realized I need to better understand and improve my relationship with my brother, Brian.
2.) If I were to guess his four-lettter code it would be INTJ, which is almost the exact opposite of mine.
3.) He is definitely an introverted person, which I have found difficult to understand. I have thought in the past that he was depressed and could not fathom how he could spend a whole weekend by himself reading and playing video games. Now, I have realized that it is just part of his personality. He is also a person who likes to focus on possibilities for the future and spends a lot of time researching and reflecting before making a decision (since I can tend to be impatient and want to decide right away, this can drive me crazy! haha). We also differ in the fact that he is more of a thinker and very logical, while I am sensitive and all about relating to the material and to others. He learns and operates with facts, while I tend to learn better when I can apply the material to myself and everyday life. In the last part of our codes, however, we share the same letter - J. This means we both plan our work well in advance and drive toward closure. We work steadily toward our goals and like formal instructions for solving problems.
4.) I can adapt better to his communication style and improve our relationship, after having learned these codes and realizing our differences. Whenever I think he is being rude because he won't talk to me that much, I can realize he probably just needs space and doesn't want to be around people. I don't need to get offended when he doesn't want to interact with my friends or when he would rather spend time reading then going to get smoothie with me (personal example :) ). I will give him space when I sense he needs it, and not question why he doesn't like to do things with people sometimes.
5.) I will not get so upset or take things so personal when he does something that I think is unkind, when really it is just how he is. I will not try to make him change his personality or try to force him to do things he doesn't wan to do (ex. go to a large get together). I will accept him and appreciate him for who he is and when I am frustrated with him, remember that is it just because we were created differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment