Monday, January 10, 2011

My Past, Purpose and Passions

My name is Megan Aubrey Kever, which means child of light (Persian), pearl (Greek), and strong and capable (Anglo-Saxon). I have am the oldest child in my family and have only one brother who is 4 years younger than me. I grew up in Puyallup, WA and was raised in a Protestant church, although when I entered high school began going to a Foursquare church and that is where I am still currently serving. I decided to come to Northwest University because some of pastors had gone here and recommended it and of course I wanted to receive a great education. I am an Organizational Communcations major and chose this field of study in hopes to one day be a pastor or work at a non-profit organization.

For fun, I love to go innertubing (well, actually basically anything that involves the sun and water :) ), snowboarding, and I love to travel. I like to workout/run, read, and also love going to coffee with just about anyone. My favorite places to go on a regular basis are Starbucks (haha) and the YMCA (but now will be the gym at NU). For vacation, my favorite places are Hawaii, Mexico, and Costa Rica...all warm with sunshine :) Currently, I am serving in a college-age ministry at my church (Puyallup Foursquare), and I am very excited for this upcoming year. The Lord is so good and I am excited to see where He takes us. Friday nights at 7 is our service so if you ever want to come, let me know :). At NU, I am excited to continue my growth in Christ and further my education. Some accomplishments/achievements in my life have been being an ASB and Spanish Club officer in high school, receiving highest honors for honor roll, serving as a fractal leader in our college-age ministry, and studying in Costa Rica for 6 months at a language academy.

For future plans, of course I will go wherever the Lord leads me, however I hope to one day be a pastor at a church or work in a non-profit organization (as previously stated), lead mission trips, and at sometime in my life volunteer at an orphanage. My pastors and parents have been great influences in my life, as well as some teachers I have had in high school and college. They have helped me discover what I am passionate about and also have challenged me in many different ways. One of these people is Christina Gard, the Children's Ministry professor here, so if you get a chance stop by and introduce yourself to her-you won't regret it. I know my calling in life has to do with the following: ministry (it's who we are not what we do :)), preaching, teaching, and something with Spanish. We will see where the Lord takes me! My life mission statement is: I exist to love the Lord with all that I am, reflect His heart to others, and impart into others that which is pleasing and holy to Him. Some of my goals in life are to get my master's degree, receive a pastoral license, lead/plan mission trips, and help people who are in extreme poverty.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Christina Gard is a great role model for you. Glad to have you in the major and I hope that you will gain from this class.

    ReplyDelete